1.0.0-SNAPSHOT update

This evening I deployed the full system to the snapshot repo. This version included the new visualizer, and some corrections to issues that were uncovered last December, including occasional distribution transactions with the wrong sign, an updated definition of CashPosition, and much richer documentation for Rate.

If you have an up-to-date source environment, you have all this. If you want to run from the server-distribution setup, just download the distribution package and follow the instructions.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this package.

Re: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT update

Sinisa Matetic
Hi John,

the readme document says its the 0.6.3. package so i guess you should just update that to 1.0.0.

BR,

Sinisa

Re: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT update

On 03/10/2013 03:42 AM, Sinisa Matetic [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> the readme document says its the 0.6.3. package so i guess you should
> just update that to 1.0.0.

Thanks! I have updated it.

1.0.0-SNAPSHOT update

Colleagues -

Today I deployed an update to the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT server that fixed two significant issues, with the result that most brokers will see improved performance.

Issue #474: Market transactions are now posted when power is delivered. This means that payment for purchased or sold power happens in the timeslot when power is delivered, not in the timeslot when the order cleared the market. One consequence is that outstanding orders at the end of the simulation are not charged/paid to agent accounts.

Issue #681: Market transactions in the current timeslot are now considered in computing balance. This was apparently a bug that crept in some months ago when we rearranged the processing order in the server to maximize the time available for agents to post orders for the following timeslot. The primary consequence for brokers is that imbalances are likely to be smaller, especially if there are significant trades in the last (one-ahead) timeslot. For example, the sample broker now reliably makes money, which was not the case before this fix.

As always, please let me know if you encounter problems with this update.

Re: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT update

Today I deployed another 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT update, which should therefore be used for the trial tournament starting next Tuesday. This primarily fixes two issues since the last deployment, including #677, a fix in tariff evaluation for production tariffs, and #296, which now sends an OrderStatus message to brokers who submit Orders for timeslots that are not open for trading.

The tariff evaluation fix will make it much easier for brokers to get subscriptions for solar and wind resources. This was nearly impossible prior to this fix.

Broker developers who are not working in an up-to-date server source environment should re-compile their brokers to pull in the new common module. If you don't do that, and your broker sends rejected orders, you will get exceptions in the JMS threads when the OrderStatus messages arrive. Keep in mind that most brokers will never see this, because their orders are not being rejected, and the exceptions should be no more than an annoyance in any case.

Good luck in the tournament next week!

John