1.8 release candidate deployed

Today I deployed the first release candidate for version 1.8, the version we plan to use for the 2021 competition. It is labeled 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT; draft release notes are on the Power TAC wiki.

If you run the server from server-distribution, it should download the latest deployed SNAPSHOT unless you have local installs that might override that. You should be able to tell, because mvn will download the latest SNAPSHOT when you run the server in either the web2 or cli profile. If you are running the server frequently, maven may not notice the change until 24h have passed since the last time it checked for updates.

As always, please let us know if you encounter problems. Good luck in this year's competition.

Re: 1.8 release candidate deployed

This post was updated on .
FYI, I did a fresh deploy this afternoon that includes a fix for Issue #1084. So you can speed up games when you are running the server locally. You can use this feature by adding a line like
   common.competition.simulationTimeslotSeconds = 0.7
to your server startup config file. It runs fine on my desktop machine with a local copy of the Sample broker at 0.7 sec, I have not probed the minimum.

Re: 1.8 release candidate deployed

gbuijs
Good to hear.
That should help running experiments.

Re: 1.8 release candidate deployed

This evening I deployed one final update to the 1.8.0 release candidate that deals with Issue #1067. We now have configurable temperature thresholds and slope values that increase wholesale market capacity during extreme cold and hot periods, in order to properly handle extreme air-conditioning and electric-heating loads.

I plan to create the 1.8.0 release package early next week, so please let me know ASAP if you know of anything else that needs fixing ahead of the 2021 tournament.

John