[ANN] powertac-common 0.3.3

Carsten Block
Administrator
Changes:
-------------
1.) Competition.currentCompetition() +
2.) AccountingService definition refined: processXXX tariff methods now all return tariff domain classes instead of command objects
3.) .project, .classpath, .settings/ added and .gitignore adapted so that opening projects in Eclipse becomes easier
4.) Auctioneer.processShoutDelete() now returns a list of objects instead of a single shout
5.) ShoutDoCreateCmd validation now also checks for enabled timeslot
6.) Timeslot nullable false validation constraint added to Shout domain class

To Upgrade:
-----------------
To use the updated powertac-common plugin in your own plugin development you have to upgrade the plugin:
1.) On the command line: grails install-plugin powertac-common 0.3.3 (you'll be asked if you really want to update the plugin
2.) In you /plugin/root/directory  update your PowertacXxxPlugin.groovy:  def dependsOn = ["powertacCommon":"0.3.3"]

Re: [ANN] powertac-common 0.3.3

It's still not possible to download the server and build it, because of the dependency on powertac-common 0.1. The getting-started page does not tell us how to resolve this. However, if you just do grails install-plugin powertac-common without a version number, it installs the latest, and it seems like this works. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to install a plugin that I'm working on, rather than one from a repo. Any idea how to do that?

I suggest that we NOT create dependencies on specific versions unless we also load those dependencies in a place the dependency manager can automatically resolve them.

Re: [ANN] powertac-common 0.3.3

ddauer
"grails install-plugin powertac-common" should grab the latest version from the server and should ask you if you want to upgrade. This should work for every plugin that comes up in a build error.

If you're working on a local version of a plugin, increase the version and build it with "grails package-plugin". This will result in a zip file in the top level directory of the project. Next, go to the server directory and type "grails install-plugin <path-to-zip>". You will be asked if you want to upgrade just like when upgrading from a server. Does this help?

While version dependencies change a lot right now, they should not do so once we have a final version out there, so I would not worry too much about that.

David

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM, grampajohn [via Power TAC Developers] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's still not possible to download the server and build it, because of the dependency on powertac-common 0.1. The getting-started page does not tell us how to resolve this. However, if you just do grails install-plugin powertac-common without a version number, it installs the latest, and it seems like this works. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to install a plugin that I'm working on, rather than one from a repo. Any idea how to do that?

I suggest that we NOT create dependencies on specific versions unless we also load those dependencies in a place the dependency manager can automatically resolve them.

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/ANN-powertac-common-0-3-3-tp2249093p2283262.html

Re: [ANN] powertac-common 0.3.3

ddauer wrote
"grails install-plugin powertac-common" should grab the latest version from the server and should ask you if you want to upgrade. This should work for every plugin that comes up in a build error.

If you're working on a local version of a plugin, increase the version and build it with "grails package-plugin". This will result in a zip file in the top level directory of the project. Next, go to the server directory and type "grails install-plugin <path-to-zip>". You will be asked if you want to upgrade just like when upgrading from a server. Does this help?
This helps if you are developing in the server, but it does not sound very convenient if you are developing in the plugin and need to zip it up every time you change something. Can't you just tell the server to use a parallel project as a plugin?

Re: [ANN] powertac-common 0.3.3

Carsten Block
Administrator
The core concept is to develop and test your plugin independently from the server. Only once major changes occurs, you package and deploy it.  If you want to "test" things in your web browser and you don't need server core functionality (i.e. messaging channels), you can create local controllers / services /  views within your plugin, which you can exclude from packaging in your XyzPlugin.groovy by adding these artifacts to

def pluginExcludes = [
     "grails-app/views/error.gsp"
]

and then run "grails run-app" from the command line.

Carsten

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/ANN-powertac-common-0-3-3-tp2249093p2284105.html