Announcement: 1.4.0 release candidate, upgrades to

Announcement: 1.4.0 release candidate, upgrades to

Today I deployed a new 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT build of the server. We consider this build to be the first (and hopefully the only) Release Candidate for the 1.4 version that we plan to use in the 2017 tournaments. We hope to get the 1.4.0 release out by next Wednesday, 15 March. This would be a good time to make sure it's working for you.

This version fixes Issue #901, which means that the game-replay option in the new visualizer (mvn -Pweb2) will take either a state log in its local directory (under files/username/log), or a URL, which can be a link to the log tarball on the tournament server, or a state file or tarball in your filesystem. In the latter case, you will need to use a file:// URL to access it.

The functionality that allows re-play of games from a compressed tarball is actually implemented in the logtool, so if you are using any of the log-analysis tools in logtool-examples, or if you have written your own log analyzers that extend LogtoolContext, you can now give it a URL or filename of a compressed tarball -- there should be no need to download and uncompress these huge files in order to analyze them.

Finally, we need to discontinue support of the original visualizer (mvn -Pweb). My hope is that we can omit it from the 1.4.0 release. The user interface is very awkward, some of the plots are actually incorrect, and the libraries used to build it are pretty much obsolete. It needs work and we lack the resources to maintain it. If any of you seriously want to continue using the old visualizer and/or do not find the new one acceptable, please let us know right away. We can include it in the 1.4.0 release, but we won't be fixing any bugs in it, and we will definitely not bring it forward into the 1.5.x development series. While it's true that the old visualizer has some useful plots that are still missing in the new one, we are working to address that. The plots in the new visualizer are configurable, and we hope to publish instructions on how to set up your own configurations fairly soon.

As always, please let us know if you have questions or concerns.

John, Wolf, Govert, Erik and the rest of the Power TAC team

Re: Announcement: 1.4.0 release candidate, upgrades to

easwar1977
Hello Admin,

  I find many of the links in for server code / agent code are not working. There are various links across various pages and I feel many of them consolidated at one place. The link that you have on this page for server-code is working. But the link on the release history page is not working. Javadocs link for server code is not working as well. Can someone fix these things ?

Mean while, I am unable to find the link for sample broker code. The one in the release history page doesn't seem to work either.

Re: Announcement: 1.4.0 release candidate, upgrades to

easwar1977 wrote
 I find many of the links in for server code / agent code are not working. There are various links across various pages and I feel many of them consolidated at one place. The link that you have on this page for server-code is working. But the link on the release history page is not working. Javadocs link for server code is not working as well. Can someone fix these things ?

Mean while, I am unable to find the link for sample broker code. The one in the release history page doesn't seem to work either.
I apologize for the broken links. I wrote up the release notes before doing the release, and then ran into problems with the release. Then I got interrupted...

I am hoping to finish the release today, but it may be sometime tomorrow 18 March. I am currently in California, 8 hours behind Europe, so you might see it tomorrow morning, but it should definitely be ready on Sunday.

Thank you for your patience.