Announcement: Power TAC Server 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT package

Announcement: Power TAC Server 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT package

This evening I have assembled a full candidate release package for the upcoming 0.2.0 release. You may download it at https://github.com/downloads/powertac/powertac-server/powertac-server-0.2.0-SNAPSHOT.tgz. The new command-line interface and the new configuration scheme are implemented, and a large number of issues are fixed and enhancements completed. If you have time or are interested, I would appreciate feedback. I should have time to write up the release notes and finalize this release sometime next week.

Thanks much.

Re: Announcement: Power TAC Server 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT package

rodrig wrote
Please I would like to know, when the new server version (Power TAC 2012 Web) is going to be ready.
That's a good question. Basically it's ready now, except for the web interface. I thought that was going to be done three weeks ago, but the person working on it has not been able to put in much time.

So I am interested in your opinion - should we put out an 0.2.0 release right away, and perhaps do a 0.2.1 version when the web interface is done? There is an 0.2.0 snapshot available from a couple of weeks ago, and there have been several important bug fixes since then. Probably the most significant is that the configuration information sent to brokers at the start of the sim is now in the form of a Properties instance, and it includes more information about the market setup.

So what do you think? Should we update the snapshot distro? Should we make a full 0.2.0 release now and update it when the web interface is ready?

Thanks.

Re: Announcement: Power TAC Server 0.2.0-SNAPSHOT package

Rodrigue
Dear John,

We would like to have the full 0.2.0 release right away and update it when the web interface is ready.

Many thanks,

Rodrigue