Announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.4.3

Announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.4.3

As of yesterday, the current trial round was running version 1.4.3, the latest full release of the Power TAC server. Release notes and download links are on the participant's wiki.

If you want your broker to use the released libraries, you need to update your pom.xml to use version 1.4.3 rather than whatever version you are currently using, and re-build. Note that the version number probably appears in two places, once in the parent clause, and again in the dependency for broker-core. If you are currently using 1.4.2 or an earlier snapshot, the primary changes are (1) the --repeat-count command-line option now works, and (2) the composition of TOU tariffs is more robust to invalid hourly and daily start/end specifications, with errors being caught and logged in the broker rather than in the server.

The 1.4.3-SNAPSHOT version should remain available for at least a few weeks, but as of this morning the HEAD version on github of powertac-core, powertac-server, server-distribution, and sample-broker is 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT. I also deployed the new snapshot.

Good luck in the tournament!

Re: Announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.4.3

SPOT
Should we update our broker from 1.4.3-SNAPSHOT to 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT for the final?

Re: Announcement: Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.4.3

There is no need to upgrade your brokers from 1.4.3-SNAPSHOT to 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT at this point; in fact it might be a bad idea. The finals are running on the released server 1.4.3. If you plan to release your broker binaries, it would make sense to build them with the release 1.4.3 libraries.

Although we don't plan to make any incompatible changes in the 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT series between now and the end of the finals, it is quite possible that a change later would change the behavior of your broker. This could make it difficult to run reliable experiments with released brokers after the end of the competition, especially if you want to compare results with data from the finals.

Does this make sense?