Announcement: Power TAC server release 0.2.0

Announcement: Power TAC server release 0.2.0

Today I have completed the 0.2.0 release of the Power TAC server. This release represents a major milestone on the route to the first official international competition this summer. The download package is available at github, and the release notes are on the participant's wiki. As with the earlier release, the download package is very small, and you will need maven to run it. All the actual code is hosted on Maven Central.

The sample broker is not part of this release, since it is intended as a base for development. You can download the code from github with
    git clone git://github.com/powertac/sample-broker.git
If anyone has trouble with git and need a packaged source distribution, please let me know.

For server developers, this means that the current development version has been bumped to 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT. I decided to skip 0.3 and 0.4 because those were used last year for the Grails version. You will need to update all the modules before you can continue. I have not created a release branch; if we encounter a need to do a point release on 0.2.0, we will create the release branch and selectively merge from the development branch.

My thanks to all the folks who have worked hard to make this release come together.

John Collins

Re: Announcement: Power TAC sample broker 0.2.0

To make things easier for those who do not want to interact with github, I have assembled a source package for the sample broker that depends on the 0.2.0 server release. As soon as I update the development trunk for sample-broker to depend on the development server, you will need to checkout the 0.2.0-release branch to get the version that is guaranteed to work with the 0.2.0 server.

Re: Announcement: Power TAC server release 0.2.0

A few people have been having trouble with the 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT update. To make things easier, I have deployed new snapshots of common and server-master to the Sonatype snapshot repo, where they can be found without having to do a local mvn install.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing problems.