Announcement: Power TAC server release 1.2.0

Announcement: Power TAC server release 1.2.0

Today I have completed the release process for the server version 1.2.0. Feel free to download server-distribution 1.2.0 and try it out.

I've run off the end of what I can accomplish this evening. I'll get the release notes finished tomorrow, and probably also the logtool and sample-broker releases. I also still have to create and deploy the 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT setup, but nobody is going to need that until after next week's final round anyway.

As always, please let me know ASAP if you run into problems.

Announcement: Power TAC server release 1.2.1

An alert broker developer discovered that it was possible to send a malformed Order into the wholesale market and get all future cash positions of most or all brokers to show up as NaN. I have tracked down the problem (Issue #827), written new tests, fixed the code in the auctioneer module to reject and log Order instances that have infeasible numeric values, and done a point release version 1.2.1 (zip format or tar.gz format.

At this point, you can expect the Final round to be run using 1.2.1.

BTW, the problem encountered by this developer was that an entry in the market/mwh clause of the boot record is 0.0. I've looked through a few others, and found an occasional negative value. This happens in cases where the solar and wind resources are producing more local energy than is being used locally. You are unlikely to see this in every game, but it can happen.