Announcing Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.7.0

Announcing Power TAC server and sample broker version 1.7.0

Today I completed the release of the version of the server that we plan to use for the 2020 competition. Release notes and download links are available on the mediawiki. The sample broker pushes out several different storage tariffs so you can inspect how customer react to them.

Beyond a few relatively minor bugfixes, test improvements, and the migration to Java 11 (Java 8 is no longer supported), the main change between last year and this is that storage customers are smarter about evaluating the prices quoted in regulation rates. An updated specification will be available in a few days; it's ready, just needs to get posted in a way that can be properly cited.

As always, please pull it down and try it out, and let us know if you have questions or problems.

We hope to see your agents competing vigorously in the 2020 competition.

John