Anybody know what package-doc-src-0.1.3.zip is?

Anybody know what package-doc-src-0.1.3.zip is?

I just set up a dev environment on my laptop, and this dependency in powertac-common is unsatisfied. I cannot find anything about it on the web, and it seems to have disappeared from the repositories. What is this thing? Why do we need it?

Thanks.

Re: Anybody know what package-doc-src-0.1.3.zip is?

So I found a copy of this thing on my desktop machine and copied it over to one of the places it was looking. That was not good enough - it wanted a zip file, not the directory, so I zipped it. Now it won't take it because it says it's missing the plugin.xml file. But it HAS a plugin.xml file. I'm not a happy camper at the moment...

Re: Anybody know what package-doc-src-0.1.3.zip is?

More information: This appears to be a plugin that Carsten wrote, but it's not in our repository anywhere that I can find. If we depend on it, it should be. The description says "Provides two new tasks "package-src" and "package-doc" that generate automatically zip src / doc doc directories and save them to the "target" directory." If I do grails package-doc it does in fact generate the javadoc.

So why is the dependency failing? Is the server at KIT not working correctly?

Re: Anybody know what package-doc-src-0.1.3.zip is?

Carsten Block

sorry. I never documented that well. The plugin provides you with grails package-doc and grails package-src command line scripts. We mainly use these inside the hudson server to automatically generate these zip files for download. If you do pure local development you can simply uninstall it. Still, the plugin is in the powertac plugin repository at http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/. In order to make the automatic dependency resolution work properly, you need to add the powertac repositories to you grails-app/conf/BuildConfig (inside the repositories closure):

mavenRepo "http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/plugins-release-local/"
mavenRepo "http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/plugins-snapshot-local/"
mavenRepo "http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/libs-release-local/"

If you then still have issues resolving the plugin try to manually install it from the command line via grails install-plugin package-doc-src 0.1.3

Hope that helps,
Carsten

On 01/28/11 03:22, Carsten Block [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
> mavenRepo
> "http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/plugins-release-local/"
> mavenRepo
> "http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/plugins-snapshot-local/"
> mavenRepo
> "http://ibwstinger.iw.uni-karlsruhe.de/artifactory/libs-release-local/"

I assume it's OK if I make this change and commit it, right?

Re: Anybody know what package-doc-src-0.1.3.zip is?

Carsten Block
Administrator

> I assume it's OK if I make this change and commit it, right?
sure!