Balancing

Carsten Block
Administrator
Hi Wolf,

right, currently balancing is done individually and we should address this as soon as we have the new DU / Balancing Power Provider API ready. Please bear with us that in this we do not have time to devote much energy to this topic. Let's continue it next week.

Cheers,
Carsten

Am 22.11.10 10:40 schrieb "Wolf Ketter"

Hi Carsten,

I saw and heard from John that there was good activity on Power TAC last week. That’s great. I just returned from my intensive Dutch course. It was pretty good. We had 14 hours a day lessons… they kept us busy. Next week is part 2. This week I’m concentrating to make progress with the game specification.

As mentioned in Austin, Mathijs and I are looking into the balancing problem, and Mathijs has posted a discussion here:

http://powertac.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Game_Design#Prices_for_external_balancing

When we talked you mentioned that currently the balancing is only done individually. This we’ll need to replace with group balancing, but for now I would like to hear what is currently exactly implemented and about your suggestion you were talking in Austin (a mechanism that is already used today).

Thoughts?

RE: Balancing

Hi Carsten,

John, Mathijs, and I are working on the balancing right now, and will share the results with you next week then.

[...]

View message @ http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Balancing-tp1955707p1955707.html

Re: Balancing

Carsten Block
Administrator
Great. The principal idea to calculate the residual imbalance over all brokers and then to charge those who caused the imbalance sounds right. Looking forward to discuss this next week in more detail.

For Germany the relevant regulation / legislation for balancing power computation  is in § 8 Abs. 2 Satz 5 StromNZV  http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stromnzv/BJNR224300005.html
The technical procedure for computing balancing power are regulated through the Federal German Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur), the executive body the oversees the energy market. It enacted the so called MaBiS, the market rules and technical protocols for executing balancing power comutation in Germany. See

Its all German, but maybe, Wolf, this provides you with some answers already.

Cheers,
Carsten

Am 23.11.2010 um 21:13 schrieb wketter [via Power TAC Developers]:

[...]

To start a new topic under Power TAC Developers, email <a href="x-msg://5/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1956010&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow">[hidden email]

View message @ http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Balancing-tp1955707p1956010.html

Eva & Carsten Block
Burgunderstr. 19
79104 Freiburg