Bootstrap Data starting timeslot

susobhang70
Hi,

I was going over a few bootstrap files from Qualification, and it seems that some of them have starting timeslots as 25 and end at 360. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't bootstrap data start from timeslot 24 and go up to 359? Please let me know if I'm missing something.

If this is not unusual, when does tariff publication happen in such games?

Regards,
Susobhan

Re: Bootstrap Data starting timeslot

Hello, Susoghang and all -
susobhang70 wrote
I was going over a few bootstrap files from Qualification, and it seems that some of them have starting timeslots as 25 and end at 360. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't bootstrap data start from timeslot 24 and go up to 359? Please let me know if I'm missing something.
I've been trying to understand your question. The bootstrap record contains many arrays of length 336 (14 days * 24 h), but no timeslot numbers. The trace log counts "ticks" and the ones I have looked at run from 0 to 359. The state log contains TimeslotUpdate records, which include the first and last timeslots available for trading. In the logs I've looked at, the first TimeslotUpdate record shows these two values as 1 and 24, which indicates that the timeslot index is 0 (because no trading is supported for the current timeslot).

Have you found games for which this pattern is violated? If so, I would like to know which games.

Thanks. Good luck in the Finals.

Re: Bootstrap Data starting timeslot

susobhang70
grampajohn wrote
I've been trying to understand your question. The bootstrap record contains many arrays of length 336 (14 days * 24 h), but no timeslot numbers. The trace log counts "ticks" and the ones I have looked at run from 0 to 359. The state log contains TimeslotUpdate records, which include the first and last timeslots available for trading. In the logs I've looked at, the first TimeslotUpdate record shows these two values as 1 and 24, which indicates that the timeslot index is 0 (because no trading is supported for the current timeslot).
What I mean is, if you go over the bootstrap files, in the weather section, you can see the first timeslot and last timeslot for which weather report is given for the bootstrap period. So some of these boot files contain weather reports starting from slot 25 and ending at 360 (thus indeed having 336 slots of data), which concerns me.

grampajohn wrote
Have you found games for which this pattern is violated? If so, I would like to know which games.
One can take a look at PowerTAC_2018_Qualifying_9.xml for example.

About 50 of the first 140 bootfiles from Qualifying are like this.

Regards,
Susobhan

Re: Bootstrap Data starting timeslot

Susobhang - Thanks for spotting this anomaly. I've started to track it down, see Issue #976 for details. We will try to get it fixed before the start of the final round.