Bugfix deployment

Today I have committed and deployed an update to the server that fixes two important issues and adds a feature that some will find useful. Fixed are #863, #954, and #956. The result is that the FrostyStorage customer model is now a thermal-storage model and can offer substantial demand-response capacity for tariffs that include regulation rates.

The new feature is a new command-line option --config-dump, described in the README on server-distribution, that allows you to gather up all the possible configurable properties across the entire server, along with their configured values. We hope that those running experiments across a range of server configurations will find this helpful. If you try it, you will find configuration points that have never shown up in a config file, because we've never needed to change their default values. Most of them have readable descriptions, but some do not. If you have questions about what they mean, you might find clues by looking at the source, or of course you could ask by posting to this forum.

Re: Bugfix deployment

Today I have committed and deployed powertac-core and powertac-server version 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT that contains fixes for several issues related to customer models and regulation rates. The result is that THERMAL_STORAGE_CONSUMPTION and ELECTRIC_VEHICLE tariffs with reasonable regulation rates will now get subscriptions, and will offer substantial regulation capacity.

Issues addressed include

(1) #863, #954, and #956 - factored-customer models can now offer storage. The working example is FrostyStorage.
(2) #944 - some factored-customer models, as well as all the evcustomer models, now initialize their tariff evaluators with regulation parameters. We may need to tweak the values as we gain experience with them; it's hard to do that with the sample broker because it does a poor job of achieving balance, and it's balance performance is somewhat lopsided.

While working through these issues, I discovered that the Sample Broker was setting up its regulation rates incorrectly (Issue #957). It was also posting BalancingOrders for tariffs with regulation rates, which is no longer supported (see the 2018 spec, Section 6 for details) I've pushed an update for that to github - you may want to download it and/or check out the changes. Note that you can still issue those balancing orders if you like, but they will be ignored by the server. Instead a balancing order is automatically constructed for each tariff from its regulation rates. This makes sense in this case because the balancing market is cleared with a VCG mechanism, which means the dominant strategy is to bid actual cost. You won't lose money, and in expectation you will profit.

As always, please let me know if you have questions or problems.

John