CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

12

Re: CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

Hello all,

Congrats to all teams, but especially to maxon16 for winning Power TAC 2016! It was a great competition again! Thanks so much! We’ll have a award ceremony at the end of the workshop this Sunday in New York.

We are close to solving the capacity issue! We may have the updated scores by Sunday!

PS: Sadly, it didn’t become an epic game, Wolfram. We were much better, but an unfortunate move started the slippery downward slope :( We were missing a good striker… oh well, we’ll be back in two years! :)

On 07 Jul 2016, at 16:41, ANSEL [via Power TAC Developers] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Wolfram,

We are exhausted, but  happy.  Today we (COLD Team) are celebrating the results of this competition.

All teams fought to the last game. Our congratulations to all, in particular for your team (Team Maxon) the absolute winner of this year. Good job of the game developers and the brokers developers.

and if I'm ever in Germany, be sure we will go by beers.

Was a pleasure participate on this competition.

Thanks to all.

Ansel
COLD Team

Re: CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

grampajohn wrote
Ansel wrote
We do not understand why a broker pay a CapacityTransaction charge  2,3,4,5 ... weeks after it has no customers.
We believe the effects of this problem (Issue #882) can be corrected by ex post analysis. I will look into this early next week, and (assuming it's reliable) we'll adjust the scores on the finals to reflect the correction. We do not want the standings in the finals to be affected by this problem.
I have completed an analysis of the finals games, recomputing the peaks and the peak-demand charges from the state logs. The overall correction for COLDPower is +19,742,971 over the 20 games where the problem occurred. That's a substantial improvement, but not enough to change the tournament standings. Corrections for SPOT amounted to +532,851 over 94 games, also not enough to change the standings. Corrections for Mertacor amounted to +705,102 over 8 games, enough to make their raw score positive, but also not enough to change the standings. Corrections for Maxon, AgentCU, and AgentUDE were zero. We'll correct the posted results and recompute the normalized scores, probably next week some time.

Again, thanks to the sharp eyes of Ansel and the COLDPower team for spotting this problem.

Re: CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

Ansel

We are analysing the final results of PowerTAC 2016. We know that Final results table has the adjusted scores (to solve improper charge of CapacityTransaction).

However we are not sure that the brokers result for each game are adjusted.

Are  adjusted the the brokers result for each game?

In negative case:

- Have you any table with the adjusted  results for each game?

or

- Can you send us the script that you use to obtain the adjusted  results for each game from logs, or any tips to extract this info from logs?

Thanks in advance,

Ansel
COLDTeam.

Re: CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

Hello, Ansel -

Ansel wrote
Hi John,

We are analysing the final results of PowerTAC 2016. We know that Final results table has the adjusted scores (to solve improper charge of CapacityTransaction).

However we are not sure that the brokers result for each game are adjusted.

Are  adjusted the the brokers result for each game?

In negative case:

- Have you any table with the adjusted  results for each game?

or

- Can you send us the script that you use to obtain the adjusted  results for each game from logs, or any tips to extract this info from logs?
I sent the corrections to Govert; I suspect only the summary table was corrected, not the per-game results, but I could be wrong.

The code that computes the corrections is in github (of course). Under powertac-tools/logtool-examples, the CapacityValidator class computes the corrections for a single game. You can run it across all the games in a tournament using the python ScoreCorrector.py class, also under powertac-tools. You may need to modify the environment and directory locations for your local env. The script will download the logfiles if they are not already available.

Re: CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

Ansel
Hi John,

We are trying to use the class CapacityValidator of powertac-tools/logtool-examples but mvn shows the following error:

Can you help us? Do you have any idea of this problem? Are you working on logtool-core ?

Thanks in Advance

Ansel
COLDTeam

Re: CapacityTransaction charge when there are no tariffs?

Ansel wrote
We are trying to use the class CapacityValidator of powertac-tools/logtool-examples but mvn shows the following error:
Sorry, Ansel - We are in the near the end of a major refactoring. I don't know exactly what time today you tried this, but it took me several hours to get all the updated pieces deployed, including a new version of logtool-core. If you try again tomorrow and it still does not work, please let us know. I hope to get a detailed note out tomorrow about what we did and why. The short version is that anyone working with server source will need to pull down updates of common and all the server modules, and that logtool-core is now a server module. We still have to integrate it into the server build process - that may have to wait a week or so.

12