Communicating server configuration information to brokers

Communicating server configuration information to brokers

I have opened a new issue on this topic, because I think the current scheme is broken. Before digging in on solving it, I would like to solicit your thoughts and suggestions. Also, if someone wants to volunteer to work this issue, let's talk.

Thanks much.

Re: Communicating server configuration information to brokers

We now have a working implementation of the new configuration design, including publication of configuration info to brokers. From now on, the server will not send PluginConfig instances, and soon the PluginConfig class will be removed from common. Instead, the server sends a Properties instance with the published configuration information. I posted an example in the github wiki - it's down near the bottom of the page. If you are doing broker development, please take a look at this example and see if it makes sense to you. I am open to suggestions for simplifying the format.