Competition Days Duration / Timing / Jumps

Competition Days Duration / Timing / Jumps

Carsten Block
Administrator
Hi!

To start another discussion that already sneaked into the mailing list in one of the previous threads: Competition time management!

How do we do it best? Here in Karlsruhe we feel uncomfortable with the idea of simulating some days, then jumping in time, simulating some more days, jumping again... From our point of view this is technically challenging to implement while it does not deliver anything more than a solution where we

1.) simulate a number of consecutive days (not telling participants how many exactly) in one competition and then to just finish it.
2.) repeat step one, say, three more times, each time choosing a different time of the year
3.) calculate the overall winner of this *competition set* by
   (i) computing the average ranking of the brokers across all four competition runs
   (ii) adding up the money a broker gained in each of the four competitions in order to rank the brokers by overall money gained.

We think, that would save us from a lot of hassle in the area of tariff contracts, for which we otherwise had to decide if they "survive" time jumps or not etc.

Any thoughts?
Carsten

AW: Competition Days Duration / Timing / Jumps

chris.flath

One more remark:

Carsten’s suggestion also simplifies customer modeling as aspects like intraday load shifting which are very difficult if you need to account for simulation time jumps.

chris

View message @ http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Competition-Days-Duration-Timing-Jumps-tp2104072p2104072.html