Competition Schedule

HarryRose
Hi John and Wolf,

Is it still the case that you plan on running a competition between 17th and 20th of September, and will it be a full competition with published results, or is it likely to be a pilot?  Do you know how many teams/brokers are likely to be participating?  In addition, when are the test-competitions before the official competition likely to be?

Thanks,

Harry

Re: Competition Schedule

Harry and all -

Wolf and I have been discussing this, along with Govert Buijs, our new full-time developer in Rotterdam.

Given that the release was 2 weeks late, and we have run up against vacation time for several of us, we have decided to push back the fall tournament by a week. So here's the schedule:

Public tournaments will start on 27 August. We have high confidence that these will work well.

The "official" tournament will be 24-27 September. This still gives enough time to finish up papers for AAMAS-2013.

We do not have a count of participants. We expect that at least the 7 groups from the June competition will participate. Additional teams will be welcome. We will post a signup form on 27 August, and allow registrations until about 17 September.

As always, your feedback is more than welcome. We will do our best to ensure that the September competition is a good experience for everyone.

John and Wolf

HarryRose wrote
Hi John and Wolf,

Is it still the case that you plan on running a competition between 17th and 20th of September, and will it be a full competition with published results, or is it likely to be a pilot?  Do you know how many teams/brokers are likely to be participating?  In addition, when are the test-competitions before the official competition likely to be?

Re: Competition Schedule - please register by 20 September

Colleagues -

We are now ready to accept registrations for the 2012 Power TAC finals, scheduled for 24-27 September. We have also published an updated game specification that includes more detail on the customer models and the balancing market.

For now, the process to register for this tournament is the same as registering for any tournament in the Tournament Scheduler. Govert has posted a tournament called 'finals_2012_09'. So you need to create an account, add a broker to your account, and register the broker for the tournament. Once we have a final count of the number of participants, we will fill out the tournament with game sizes and number of games of each size. We would like to finalize this on Friday 21 September, so please make sure you are registered by Thursday 20 September.

In the meantime, Govert can schedule practice rounds for single and multiple agents, and single or multiple games. Please let us know what types of practice rounds you would like us to set up.

From the standpoint of brokers, the simulation for this tournament will be indistinguishable from the 0.6.2 release, possibly with some minor enhancements to improve communication between the simulator and the tournament scheduler. We are confident that the stability problems we experienced in June have been resolved.

We all look forward to watching this tournament and seeing some serious competition among your brokers. As always, please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or concerns.

John, Wolf, and the whole team

Re: Competition Schedule - please register by 20 September

HarryRose
Hi,

Do you have any information as to what time on Monday the competitions will start, and what teams are registered?

Thanks,

Harry