Connection Refused exception: Trying to connect agent to server

Connection Refused exception: Trying to connect agent to server

Shirlee01
The error popped up this week when I tried to connect a broker agent to the game before the game starts/graph displays. Previously, this did not happen before.

I am currently using server distribution 1.6 instead of the latest 1.7 as brokers in the broker repo use Java8.

Error is as follows:
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:79)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:463)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:558)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:242)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:339)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:357)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:1226)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(HttpURLConnection.java:1162)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:1056)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:990)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1570)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1498)
        at org.powertac.server.WeatherService$WeatherRequester.webRequest(WeatherService.java:344)
        at org.powertac.server.WeatherService$WeatherRequester.run(WeatherService.java:310)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Here's some information about my machine:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Java version: 1.8.0_231, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231\jre
Maven version: Apache Maven 3.6.1

Re: Connection Refused exception: Trying to connect agent to server

Shirlee01
Previous post was me trying out v1.6, just now I tried server distribution 1.7, and encountered another exception. This time, the command line simply closes itself before the server is started. The error is as follows:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M2:enforce (enforce-versions) on project server-distribution: Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific messages explaining why the rule failed. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Any help/advice appreciated.

Re: Connection Refused exception: Trying to connect agent to server

It appears that our Weather data server is offline. I'll notify Govert. It probably won't get fixed today (Sunday 9 February).

Re: Connection Refused exception: Trying to connect agent to server

The weather server appears to be running again. See if that fixes your problem.