Contract negotiation part of 2012 competition?

Contract negotiation part of 2012 competition?

moody
Hello,

Is contract negotiation with large customer going to be a part of competition this year? I am unable to find anything related on the wiki and the game specification has somewhat contracdictory remarks:

1. Individual contract negotiation will be implemented for the 2012 competition (Page 2 - Footnote)
2. although individual contracts will likely not be implemented for the 2012 competition (Page 3)
3. Participate in bilateral negotiation to define individual contracts (not implemented in the current version) (Page 6)

Also, it might be useful to have a wiki page about which features will be missing from 2012 competition (I know "Scenario III: dynamic with controllable capacities" may also missing or implemented as an option).

Cheers,
Moody

Re: Contract negotiation part of 2012 competition?

Hello, Moody -

moody wrote
Is contract negotiation with large customer going to be a part of competition this year? I am unable to find anything related on the wiki and the game specification has somewhat contracdictory remarks:
It was indeed our plan when we wrote the spec last fall that we would find someone to implement the contract negotiation feature. But alas, nobody volunteered, and so it's pushed out until next year. We need to do a few updates to the spec, and that's one of them.
Also, it might be useful to have a wiki page about which features will be missing from 2012 competition (I know "Scenario III: dynamic with controllable capacities" may also missing or implemented as an option).
As far as the balancing market, we are working currently to get Scenario II developed, but we still have not nailed down the theory (as far as I know) on Scenario III.

I agree it would be a good idea to put up a wiki page as you suggest.