Customer Consumption

pkings
Dear all,

I have some questions about the consumption of a broker’s customers. The Java class „CustomerRecord“ has the properties ‚usage‘ and ‚subscribedPopulation‘.

1) What values are stored in the ’usage’ double array and which order has the array?
2) Can you calculate the total consumption of one customer by multiplying the current usage (forecast) and the current subscribedPopulation?

Best,
Peter

Re: Customer Consumption

Good morning, Peter 0
pkings wrote
I have some questions about the consumption of a broker’s customers. The Java class „CustomerRecord“ has the properties ‚usage‘ and ‚subscribedPopulation‘.

1) What values are stored in the ’usage’ double array and which order has the array?
I assume you are talking about the inner class PortfolioManagerService.CustomerRecord in the sample broker code, correct? The array is a ring buffer that accumulates usage data over some horizon. I believe it's a week long (168 hours), and after the first week it's updated with exponential smoothing to give an approximation of a running-average. I'm sure there are better ways to predict customer usage; that's a quick-and-dirty approach I came up with as an example.
2) Can you calculate the total consumption of one customer by multiplying the current usage (forecast) and the current subscribedPopulation?
Yes. If you look at the code, you can see that the CustomerRecord keeps track of the current subscribed population and records the per-individual usage data.

Re: Customer Consumption

pkings
Dear John,

Yes, that helped - thank you.
We now keep track of the TariffTransactions. The sum of all posted kWh of one timeslot should equal the total consumption of our customers, right?

Peter

Re: Customer Consumption

pkings wrote
Yes, that helped - thank you.
We now keep track of the TariffTransactions. The sum of all posted kWh of one timeslot should equal the total consumption of our customers, right?
That should work as expected. Just be sure to keep track of the signs.