Customer Types

pkai
Hello,
I want to setup an experiment with variying numbers of producing customers (prosumers). Reading through the files, I do not find the appropriate customer type. Could you point me to the corresponding customer type? Or is there currently no prosuming customer available?

Kind regards
Philipp

Re: Customer Types

Hello, Philipp -
pkai wrote
I want to setup an experiment with variying numbers of producing customers (prosumers). Reading through the files, I do not find the appropriate customer type. Could you point me to the corresponding customer type? Or is there currently no prosuming customer available?
This is a very interesting question. Currently, Power TAC does not support tariffs that combine production and consumption, which means it's not possible to offer "net metering" tariffs. There's also a 1:1 association between customers and tariff subscriptions. These two constraints mean that it's currently not possible to include both production and consumption capacities in a single customer model.

I think this would be a good opportunity to start a conversation about how to relax these constraints. Ideally, it would include tariffs that combine production and consumption. If someone would like to work with us on this issue, I would be happy to give a guided tour of the areas in the code that might be affected. In the meantime, I have created Issue #977 to collect further discussion about support of prosumer customer types.

I look forward to discussion and ideas on this issue.

Re: Customer Types

pkai
Hello John,

thank you for your answer. I will have to work without prosumers for now.

Philipp

Re: Customer Types

If anyone would like to help us with modeling and implementation of a prosumer model, we would be very grateful. The top of my list is a decent population model for electric vehicles, but I would be happy to work with one of you on a prosumer model.

Re: Customer Types

Demijan
Hi,

I would like to ask for a simulation addon that runs in background without a visual process.
Atm the current simulation speed is to low (2h full sim) for multiple iterations optimization and testing. It would be nice if we could have something that could run a sim in the background in 2 min, and then simply plot end results.

Don't know if there is current functionality option for this, but simulation speed is the highest bottleneck atm.
Tnx for turny organization.

Kind regards,
Demijan