Customer bootstrap data

ddauer
Hello,

there seems to be a new getBootstrapData() in AbstractCustomer which is empty by default.

1. If a customer does not override getBootstrapData() or overrides it and returns null, competition startup fails. Shouldn't AbstractCustomer provide initial functionality in some way so that overriding is not required?

2. What is the suggested format of this bootstrap data? Seems like this is a little tailored to the household model? Any docs available on that?

Thanks!
David

Re: Customer bootstrap data

achryso
Hello there.

a) It is true that I was doing a hasty job with the bootstrap data in order to catch up with the deadline. I will fix this as soon as I can.

b) Generally the concept over bootstrap data is analyzed at https://github.com/powertac/powertac-server/wiki/Load%20profiles and the issue is https://github.com/powertac/powertac-server/issues/166#issuecomment-1476278

Discussing it over with John and Chris, we decided to give a 14-day/24-hour consumption of the model as if it was under the default tariff. That is what I implemented in my model.

I cannot tell which is the correct way to present the bootstrap data, in order to gather it from your model. I just followed the same pattern I utilized for the consumption of my models. As far as the message sent to the brokers is concerned, I am still working on it.

If you have any insights I would like to hear them

Cheers, Antonios