Customer names not unique

mtobiass
Hi,
Are the customer names supposed to be unique? I use 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and some customer names are not unique.

In most cases I could use the unique customer id, but that does not work with CustomerBootstrapData since it only contains the customer name, not customer id. This means that I can not map a CustomerBootstrapData to a CustomerInfo.

List of not unique customer names:
customer: name=OfficeComplexType2 OfficeComplex 1, id=1763
customer: name=OfficeComplexType2 OfficeComplex 1, id=1764
customer: name=OfficeComplexType1 OfficeComplex 2, id=1655
customer: name=OfficeComplexType1 OfficeComplex 2, id=1654
customer: name=OfficeComplexType1 OfficeComplex 1, id=1533
customer: name=OfficeComplexType1 OfficeComplex 1, id=1534
customer: name=OfficeComplexType2 OfficeComplex 2, id=1868
customer: name=OfficeComplexType2 OfficeComplex 2, id=1869

Thanks,
Mattias

Re: Customer names not unique

mtobiass wrote
Hi,
Are the customer names supposed to be unique? I use 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and some customer names are not unique.
The bootstrap record contains two entries for many of the customer instances; the difference is in the powerType field. One is CONSUMPTION, and the other is INTERRUPTIBLE_CONSUMPTION. They are separated because each of these customers has two meters that can potentially be subscribed to different tariffs.

The household-customer instances have suffixes "base" and "controllable" - perhaps we could update the names of the office-complex customers to match. Is this a critical issue?

Re: Customer names not unique

achryso
I have seen this myself, and I have mentioned it before.

The problem is not with the bootstrap file. The powertypes are correctly distributed. The problem comes when you ask for the customer repo to return the correct customerInfo.

If you try this yourself, you will see that even though you ask for a particular powertype of a customer the function may return the customerInfo with the same name (which is correct) but wrong powertype (which is not).

Re: Customer names not unique

achryso wrote
The problem is not with the bootstrap file. The powertypes are correctly distributed. The problem comes when you ask for the customer repo to return the correct customerInfo.
Could you please write this up as an issue? I'll try to get to it after I've finished #689, which I believe you are also waiting for.

Thanks.

John