Difference between customer models

Dan

Difference between customer models

Dan
I would like to apologize in advance if my question has an obvious answer, or has been answered before.

It is my understanding that the current version of the server has thee customer models: Household, Office Complex and Factored Customer. The Fatored Customer model is able to create residential, commercial and industrial entities. Now, my question is: Is the Factored Customer model intented to replace the Household and Office Complex models, or are these two models meant to provide different behavior for similar entieties (such as a household)? In other words, are these models intented to be used in future competitions?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Difference between customer models

The household and officecomplex models simulate a wide range of specific devices and behaviors, such as lighting, ovens, air conditioners, people cooking, bathing, etc. They are therefore limited to small populations. The factored model  uses statistical methods to represent much larger populations. Both are valid and useful, and in fact the bottom-up models can be used to develop statistical profiles for the factored model. It is highly likely that we will continue to use both types for future competitions.

Perhaps Antonios and/or Prashant will respond with more details.

Dan

Re: Difference between customer models

Dan
Yes, it helped. Thanks!