Discussion request - treatment of rejected Orders

Discussion request - treatment of rejected Orders

Broker developers -

I am looking at issue #296, a very old one about the lack of feedback to brokers when their wholesale market orders are rejected. I have a fix, but I am debating about when to push it out. The fix requires a new OrderStatus message type that is sent to the broker in response to a bogus order, and if an unmodified broker receives this message, an exception is thrown in the JMS code. This does not appear to cause any damage in the sample-broker other than a stack dump going into the broker's trace log. Simply re-building the broker against the new common module fixes this problem; there remains a one-line warning about an unhandled message.

So I plan to push this update to github tomorrow after one more test, and I will try to get a new snapshot deployment done by Thursday so you can re-build brokers if you want this feature. I can delay if anyone is concerned about it; my thought is that broker developers might like to have this information sooner rather than later, and I think it would be a good idea to have this feature working in the April trial tournament later this month.

Please let me know if you have concerns about this plan.

Re: Discussion request - treatment of rejected Orders

Daniel
This post was updated on .
Hi John,

Is it currently possible to pull this change from github?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Discussion request - treatment of rejected Orders

This change (sending OrderStatus when the server receives invalid Orders) is indeed pushed to github. It involves common and auctioneer. To take advantage of it, you will need to update your agent. I'm going to run another round of tests and try to get this deployed over the weekend so it will be in the tournament next week. It should not hurt brokers that are not updated - they will just get messages they don't recognize, and that only if they are sending Orders for non-enabled timeslots.

I wanted to get it deployed earlier, but I've been very busy the last couple of weeks.

Is this the answer you were looking for?

Re: Discussion request - treatment of rejected Orders

Daniel
Hi John,

Yes, thanks for your answer.

Daniel