DistributionTransaction is 0

moe

DistributionTransaction is 0

moe
Hi,

we figured that although we have customers the method getKWh() for each DistributionTransaction is 0.

However I read in the JavaDocs that a DistributionTransaction:
Represents the fee assessed by the Distribution Utility for transport of energy over its facilities during the current timeslot. The kWh is the total energy delivered, which is the sum of the positive net load of the broker's customers, and the positive net export of energy through the wholesale market. Negative values are ignored.

Am I overseeing something?

Cheers
moe

Re: DistributionTransaction is 0

Hello, Moe -
moe wrote
We figured that although we have customers the method getKWh() for each DistributionTransaction is 0.

However I read in the JavaDocs that a DistributionTransaction:
Represents the fee assessed by the Distribution Utility for transport of energy over its facilities during the current timeslot. The kWh is the total energy delivered, which is the sum of the positive net load of the broker's customers, and the positive net export of energy through the wholesale market. Negative values are ignored.
The DistributionTransaction is intended to communicate the broker's costs for using the distribution grid. The meaning and derivation is from the specification Section 7. The kWh value in this transaction is used only if brokers are paying for energy transport, which is not the case in the current configuration. Instead brokers pay for the number of grid connections their customers are using, and for their peak demand, as explained in the spec. The use of the kWh value is determined by a configurable value distributionutility.distributionUtilityService.useTransportFee. If you look at server-distribution/config/server.properties for the current server version, you will see that this is set to false.

If you want to see how much energy your customers are using and producing, you can add up the TariffTransactions. The BalancingTransactions will tell you how badly mismatched your customer production/consumption was with respect to your final market position for the timeslot. You  can also see the total production and consumption for the entire grid in the DistributionReport.