Energy Storage attractiveness: a survey to broker developers

Energy Storage attractiveness: a survey to broker developers

Alessandro Pietrobon
Dear Power TAC community,

I am a master student of Business Information Management at RSM and I am finalizing my master thesis on the use of Distributed Energy Storage within Power TAC.

Looking at the data from the 2015 Competition we noticed that a lot of the storage capacity present within the retail customers is not being tapped into by the brokers, despite the recent additions of thermal energy storage and Electric Vehicles to the simulation environment.

In order to gain more clarity on the reason for this phenomenon, I have developed a quick informal survey for broker developers. The survey consists of 7 questions and should take roughly 10 minutes to complete. Due to substantial time constraints, I kindly ask those of you who can to complete the survey by Saturday, June 13. I will then finalize the output and share it with you by the end of June.

You may access the form at this link:

http://goo.gl/forms/XKhFJN9q6j

Thank you in advance for your support, and wish you a pleasant week.

Re: Energy Storage attractiveness: a survey to broker developers

alepietrobon
Dear Power TAC community,

I just wanted to provide a friendly reminder with regards to this survey.

Should you want to discuss the answers publicly, I am reporting the survey questions here:
  • Which team do you represent? What has been your role on the team?
  • Has your team offered tariffs for customers with controllable capacity in the last competition? What were the main reasons behind that decision?
  • How did you measure the value of energy storage resources (cold storage facilities, EVs, etc) when designing your tariffs? To what degrees were your tariffs optimized to profit from them?
  • What do you see as the key advantages/disadvantages of offering tariffs to customers with controllable capacity and then bidding in the balancing market? What were your expectations on customer subscriptions?
  • How would you rate your teams’ understanding of the dynamics of the balancing market?
  • If there were more storage available (e.g. more EVs), would your team consider offering more tariff to customers controllable capacity?
  • Do you have specific suggestions for making the energy storage resources more attractive to the brokers?

I kindly ask those of you who can to complete the survey by Saturday, June 13. I will then finalize the output and share it with you by the end of June.

You may access the survey as Google form at this link:

http://goo.gl/forms/XKhFJN9q6j

Thank you in advance for your support, and wish you a pleasant week.

Regards,

   Alessandro

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 11:50 PM, Alessandro Pietrobon [via Power TAC Developers] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Energy-Storage-attractiveness-a-survey-to-broker-developers-tp4026036.html

Re: Energy Storage attractiveness: a survey to broker developers

Dear Colleagues,

I would really appreciate, if you take a few minutes and fill out the survey that Alessandro, John, and I have designed. This will be very important input for the further development of Power TAC.

Thanks much in advance,

Wolf

Re: Energy Storage attractiveness: a survey to broker developers

alepietrobon
Dear All,

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the survey, we have closed it now.

We have collected the results and will publish them here as soon as they are ready, hopefully together with suggestions for the next rounds of the tournament.

Best regards,

   Alessandro