Energy quantity representation by the TariffMarket and AccountingService

Energy quantity representation by the TariffMarket and AccountingService

tdaudelin24
While working on the DistributionUtilityService today I noticed a discrepancy in how energy is represented in the TariffMarket.  In TariffTransactions energy consumed/produced is stored in kWh whereas in MarketTransactions energy is stored in MWh.  This can be an issue when doing calculations that require the use of both of these objects.

For example, to compute the overall net balance of the market the DU calls two functions: AccountingService.getCurrentMarketPosition(broker) that references a broker's MarketPosition which, in turn, references MarketTransactions (MWh) and AccountingService.getCurrentNetLoad(broker) which references all pending TariffTransactions (kWh).

I posed this question to John tonight and felt it would be worth bringing to everyone else's attention as well: