Error While building and running the sample broker

Error While building and running the sample broker

lmbhat
I am getting the below error when I am building and running the sample broker as suggested here -

http://www.powertac.org/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started

C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.3.9>mvn clean test
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.powertac:scengen:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.powertac:server-master:pom:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of sonatype has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 8, column 11
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.powertac:scengen:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.3.9\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for org.powertac:scengen:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.powertac:server-master:pom:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of sonatype has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 8, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Re: Error While building and running the sample broker

gbuijs
Hi Imbhat,

I've been able to reproduce this problem.
We'll post a fix ASAP.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Govert

Re: Error While building and running the sample broker

This afternoon I completed a re-deployment of the entire Power TAC 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT package, including core modules and the server. The sample-broker now builds correctly from the master branch. We apologize for the confusion. This update was not supposed to take as long as it did, but I believe we are back on firm ground.

RE: Error While building and running the sample broker

lmbhat

Thank you so much. I shall update you on this.

Regards,

Lakshya Bhat

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Error-While-building-and-running-the-sample-broker-tp4026492p4026494.html
To unsubscribe from Error While building and running the sample broker, click here.

Re: Error While building and running the sample broker

lmbhat
Hi. I am still getting the same error as mentioned above.

Re: Error While building and running the sample broker

Hello, Imbhat -
lmbhat wrote
Hi. I am still getting the same error as mentioned above.
I assume you mean this error:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.powertac:scengen:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.powertac:server-master:pom:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of sonatype has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 8, column 11
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
That is a very old snapshot, at least 3 years old. You should be using 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT. I'm sorry I failed to go back and look carefully at your original message or I might have spotted it sooner. Old snapshots are not kept around. There are released versions in the 1.1.x series, but I'm sure there are no longer any snapshots available. The 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT version can be downloaded from github. The latest released version is 1.3.2.  We hope to have a 1.4.0 release ready in another month or so, but we do not anticipate any changes that would affect a broker between now and then. The remaining tasks include (1) adding some plots to the new visualizer, (2) adding storage-capable demand-response capabilities to the large-population models, and (3) adding a population model for electric vehicles so we can better scale the numbers of EVs.

Re: Error While building and running the sample broker

erikkemperman
Hello Imbhat,

In addition to what John mentioned about versions, you also appear, from the output you quoted, to be trying to build the "scengen" project, in stead of "sample-broker".

Regards,
Erik