Get the publication and revocation fees

turban
Hi,

I am doing some post tournament analysis and would like to get the publication and revocation fees for each game.

I can't find a way to get these fees within the "normal" logtool analysis framework since I can’t find these fees in the .state log. Is there a way to get those fees? I can find the fees in the .trace file of the game but not within the .state file.

Cheers,
Tobias

Re: Get the publication and revocation fees

Hello, Tobias -

turban wrote
I can't find a way to get these fees within the "normal" logtool analysis framework since I can’t find these fees in the .state log. Is there a way to get those fees? I can find the fees in the .trace file of the game but not within the .state file.
Very good question. That data is sent to brokers, but it's in a form that's not captured by the state-logging scheme. I ran into a similar issue a couple weeks ago. It's fixed for 1.4.x, but there's no way to update existing logs and the fix puts the data into the trace log rather than the state log. The state log mechanism works by annotation and introspection, and I have not come up with a clean way to get a Properties instance logged in a way that's not a complete hack. Making it something other than a Properties instance would break existing brokers.

There are also cases where you need info from the bootstrap record to do an analysis. In the past you had to download those separately, but Govert has re-bundled the logs from the 2016 finals.

If anyone has a better idea for how to get game configuration into the logs, I would be very interested.