Getting a stable server that doesn't keep breaking

Getting a stable server that doesn't keep breaking

Douglas
I'm trying to get a development version of of the server, visualizer, common and sample-broker, so that I can investigate tariff design, but every few days Maven updates the code and it stops working. Today, I can't get it working again, I think the problem is that the sample-broker can't connect to the server, but it outputs no error messages, just times out and exits, while the server just sits there.

Does anyone know how I can:
A) Get a full development set up working?
B) Make it such that it no longer updates, preferably without Maven, so that I'm the only one who can affect the code on my machine?

EDIT: grammar.

Re: Getting a stable server that doesn't keep breaking

Douglas wrote
I'm trying to get a development version of of the server, visualizer, common and sample-broker, so that I can investigate tariff design, but every few days Maven updates the code and it stops working. Today, I can't get it working again, I think the problem is that the sample-broker can't connect to the server, but it outputs no error messages, just times out and exits, while the server just sits there.

Does anyone know how I can:
A) Get a full development set up working?
B) Make it such that it no longer updates, preferably without Maven, so that I'm the only one who can affect the code on my machine?
Douglas -

I'm sorry you are having trouble. Many of us, of course, have full development versions running without problems. It won't work without maven, but that does not mean you need to depend on the remote repos. I assume you have read the getting-started page, especially the last section. The key is to maintain your own local maven repo, which you do using mvn install. For this to work, you have to install the modules in dependency order. If you are on the bleeding edge, this means you need to start with common, then server-master, server-interface, followed by the rest of the server modules, with server-main last. This way, you can run either the server or the broker outside STS, and the other inside STS if you want to debug for example.