How is the actual weather correlated to the forecast?

How is the actual weather correlated to the forecast?

nhartlie
Dear all,

i think the title already says what I wanted to know :D How is the actual weather correlated to the forecasted weather? How is the deviation calculated?

Thanks, Nikolaus

Re: How is the actual weather correlated to the forecast?

On 01/13/2012 06:23 AM, nhartlie [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> i think the title already says what I wanted to know :D How is the
> actual weather correlated to the forecasted weather? How is the
> deviation calculated?

These are real-world forecasts and weather reports, from the Minneapolis
weather station. One of my students is looking at the prediction
accuracy for wind-turbine output, but other than that you would either
need to find papers on the subject or do your own analysis. It's pretty
easy to run through a bunch of the data and generate histograms of the
difference between prediction and report for various leadtimes. These
are just discrete density functions.

Re: How is the actual weather correlated to the forecast?

nhartlie
ok, thank you. I will calculate the average deviation by myself. Shouldn't be very difficult :)

Cheers Nikolaus