Is storage fully supported?

Daniel
Hi,

I browsed a little through the code and saw some storage-related code, but I couldn' tbe sure whether it's already fully supported.
- Is storage currently supported, at any level?

Also,
- As I understand it, a storage customer can act as both a producer and a consumer. Does the broker have any direct influence on this behavior of its storage customer? if yes, then how? if not, then what determines whether a storage customer acts as a consumer or as a producer?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Is storage fully supported?

Hi, Daniel -

This is a very good question. The answer is no, storage is not currently supported, but adding support is a very high priority. We have been discussing the model, and I think we are converging on a couple of practical ideas. The storage model needs to be flexible enough to include electric vehicles (which are not always connected), thermal storage (which allows for up-regulation and down-regulation, but does not actually "produce" power), and large populations.

Current thinking is that the control scheme would be through balancing orders and control events, and possibly a periodic "available capacity" report associated with each relevant tariff.

I am currently focused on the timeslot issue, and Konstantina is working on the storage problem. My hope is that we can converge on a detailed proposal in the next couple of weeks, and have it implemented and tested pretty quickly after that. The proposal will be posted to the github wiki.

We would welcome ideas on how this should work.

John