Locational marginal pricing in wholesale market?

Locational marginal pricing in wholesale market?

serkan
Hi all,

As I know, in the wholesale market implementation, there is only one locational marginal pricing since the games are simulated in a single city.

Any hope or future plans to take different areas into consideration in terms of locational pricing?

Regards,

Serkan

Re: Locational marginal pricing in wholesale market?

Perhaps Derck Koolen could address this question?

On 11/20/2014 10:55 AM, serkan [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
Hi all,

As I know, in the wholesale market implementation, there is only one locational marginal pricing since the games are simulated in a single city.

Any hope or future plans to take different areas into consideration in terms of locational pricing?

Regards,

Serkan

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Locational-marginal-pricing-in-wholesale-market-tp4025843.html

Re: Locational marginal pricing in wholesale market?

What we have now (since Spring 2014) in Power TAC is a genco model that
produces a price curve that represents approximately what you would see
from a single node looking into a LMP market. It's a polynomial function
with a relatively slow random walk on a couple of the coefficients.

John

On 11/20/2014 10:55 AM, serkan [via Power TAC Developers] wrote

> As I know, in the wholesale market implementation, there is only one
> locational marginal pricing since the games are simulated in a single
> city.

Re: Locational marginal pricing in wholesale market?

serkan
Thank you for the answer.

I am gonna look deeply to genco model.