Long-duration competition?

Dear Colleagues -

Wolf and I have been discussing an idea for a competition that would cover the full range of weather conditions, and that might provide a much richer environment for machine learning. The idea would be to run a series of 12-hour simulations over several weeks, perhaps during February 2015. That would give a simulation period of roughly a full year.

If we do this, how should it be configured? What features would you like to see that are not in the 1.1.0 release?

We don't have to make a decision on this until October or November. In the meantime, please respond with your ideas on how we might maximize the research value of a long-duration competition.

Thanks!

John and Wolf

RE: Long-duration competition?

Dear all,

Just to clarify, the usual Power TAC competition will be sometime between May and July 2015. The TAC board still has to make the final decision, but most likely we’ll be co-located with AAMAS 2015 in Istanbul in May 2015.

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Long-duration-competition-tp4025838.html