March 2013 Trial

gbuijs
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I've created a competition for next week, so participants can register for the march-trial.
The specific details are not fully determined yet, so it might change.

http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/competition.xhtml?competitionId=1

For those who want to test their broker, i've created 3 test tournaments : single_test_1 - single_test_3.
Just register through your account page, and let me know when you want me to start them.
I will make more if needed or other setups are requested.

Cheers,

Govert

Re: March 2013 Trial

gbuijs
Just a reminder about the upcoming competition next week.

Let me know if you need help with your broker, or would like to run test games.

Cheers,

Govert
Rod

Re: March 2013 Trial

Rod
Hi Govert,

How can I register for the competition "trial_2013-03_qualifying".

Thanks,

Rod

Re: March 2013 Trial

Hello, Rod -

On the competition page, there's a line near the top that says "Register your brokers for this competition :" - under that, you should see the broker(s) that are registered with your account. If you don't see that, then I suspect your account does not yet have a broker associated with it. You can add that on your Account page.

Rod

Re: March 2013 Trial

Rod
Thanks,

Rod

Re: March 2013 Trial & Issue #673

Colleagues -

We have a trial tournament starting tomorrow, and I have a small request of the teams. There is a flaw in the tariff-evaluation function of the household-customer and officecomplex-customer models as described in issue #673. As a result, those customers will subscribe to a tariff that charges them large premiums for signing up. If brokers choose exploit this, it will make the competition much less interesting for all of us. We are working on a fix that should be done in 2-3 weeks (see my proposal for an updated tariff-evaluation scheme), so this should not be a problem in the future.

So my request is that teams do not offer tariffs with negative signup fees (meaning the customer pays). Positive signup fees are fine. Large negative early-withdrawal fees may also be problematic.

Thanks much.

Re: March 2013 Trial

I'll be available as much as possible on IRC during the competiton.

freenode #powertac