March 2013 Trial

mblum
Hi John,

is there more information on how exactly these trial tournaments work? Is there a schedule? What do the participants have to do? I'm new to PowerTAC and never participated in any competition.

Regards,
Manuel

Am 17.03.2013 um 20:39 schrieb "grampajohn [via Power TAC Developers]" <[hidden email]>:

> Colleagues -
>
> We have a trial tournament starting tomorrow, and I have a small request of the teams. There is a flaw in the tariff-evaluation function of the household-customer and officecomplex-customer models as described in issue #673. As a result, those customers will subscribe to a tariff that charges them large premiums for signing up. If brokers choose exploit this, it will make the competition much less interesting for all of us. We are working on a fix that should be done in 2-3 weeks (see my proposal for an updated tariff-evaluation scheme), so this should not be a problem in the future.
>
> So my request is that teams do not offer tariffs with negative signup fees (meaning the customer pays). Positive signup fees are fine. Large negative early-withdrawal fees may also be problematic.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> John

> http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/March-2013-Trial-tp4025436p4025448.html
> To start a new topic under Power TAC Developers, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Power TAC Developers, click here.
> NAML

Re: March 2013 Trial

gbuijs
Hi Manuel,

There's quite a bit of info in the README of the sample-broker and on the powertac user-wiki.

But basically you have to register an account on the Tournament Scheduler.

Once logged in, create a broker on the account page.
Register your broker for the trial_2013-03 competition.

Now edit broker.properties:
- change username from Sample to the name of your broker
- uncomment tourneyName and change to trial_2013-03
- uncomment tourneyUrl and change to http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp
- change authToken to the token for your broker, can be found on your account page

The sample-broker readme tells you how to run your broker.
Don't forget the --repeat-count argument, or your broker will stop after the first game.

During tournaments you will need to have 2 identical brokers running so we can run concurrent games.
The TS doesn't check if your brokers are running, games will start regardless.

On the account page, under CheckIns you can see if your brokers connect to the TS.

Good luck!

Govert