Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

I have updated the broker-core module to support an "interactive" mode, in which the server is paused at the start of each activation cycle. Given the --interactive option on the command line, the broker sends a pause-request before calling the activate() methods, and then sends a pause-release message after all the service modules have returned from the activate() calls. This means, for example, that you can put breakpoints in your broker code and get the server to wait while you examine the state of your code. For this to work, you have to add a line to your server config telling it to accept broker pause requests; the default is to ignore them.

I hesitate to deploy this change until at least one other person has tested it. To try it, you will need to check out the Rboker branch and do a local install of broker-core, and re-build your broker. Then you need to specify the --interactive command-line arg when you run the broker, and you need to add the line

server.competitionControlService.brokerPauseAllowed = true
to your server configuration.

If you try this, please let me know how it goes. I suspect several developers might like to have this feature.

Phi

Re: Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

Phi
Hi,

There is some problems in the visualizer,
when I click any events under Tariff market, the error message in the attached file shows up.
This problem appears recently, I have not seen it before.

Cheers,
Phi

Re: Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

Phi wrote
There is some problems in the visualizer,
when I click any events under Tariff market, the error message in the attached file shows up.
This problem appears recently, I have not seen it before.
Sorry, Phi, I don't see an attached file. We are hoping to have a completely new visualizer ready in a few weeks. We think you will like it, but in the meantime I am happy to look at your problem.

Phi

Re: Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

Phi

Hi,

I forgot to insert it in the last reply,
I have just insert it.

thank you,
Phi

Re: Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

Hello, Phi -

Phi wrote
There is some problems in the visualizer,
when I click any events under Tariff market, the error message in the attached file shows up.
This problem appears recently, I have not seen it before.
I have not seen this problem, but it looks very much like a configuration issue. What version are you running? How, exactly, are you running it? Using mvn -Pweb in server-distribution?

John
Phi

Re: Need testing help - new tool for broker debugging

Phi
Hi,

I am running the server 1.3.1-SNAPSHOT downloaded from
https://github.com/powertac/server-distribution/archive/master.zip

and I running using the command mvn -P web

thanks,
Phi