Number of broker copies in a round

This is a question for Govert, I believe.

Is there any problem with having more than two copies of a broker running or waiting for games, especially in a trial round? Teams need to be able to update their brokers during a trial round (but not, of course, during a final round), and it seems the best way to do this would be to start the new version before stopping the old one. Also, will the tournament manager use more than two copies if they are available?

Thanks -

Re: Number of broker copies in a round

gbuijs
The TS doesn't really care about the number of agents checking in.
Once a game becomes available for a broker, the first one to check in will receive credentials for the game.
If no agent checks in within a time limit, the game will start without the broker.

The best way to switch to a new version of your broker would be:
- Start 2 agents of the newer version
- Stop the old agents when not in-game

The last part might be tricky, as you don't know when a game is finished.
Contact me on IRC, so i can tell you when to stop the old agent.
I can pause the games until you've stopped it.

Cheers,

Govert