Office Complex energy consumption

Daniel
Hi,

I have run a simulation using the default setup after downloading the server.
In the visualizer, I looked at the bootstrap data of "OfficeComplexType1 OfficeComplex2" of type CONSUMPTION.
It seems that the energy consumption is small in Thursdays and Fridays, instead of in Saturdays and Sundays, as I would expect. Is this 2-day offset intended (coming from real data)?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

achryso
Hello Daniel.

I will look into it and I will answer shortly.

Thank you for the notice.

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

achryso
Hello again Daniel.

I have just push a fix of the offset problem you mentioned. I would like to check it out and tell me if it went away.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Daniel
Hi,

Thanks!

- In order to get it should I re-download the 0.6.3-SNAPSHOT version? or do I need a server development environment?

- In general, where can I find the data files used by the simulator? (weather, weather forecast, prices, etc)

Thanks again,
Daniel

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

achryso
In order to have the latest updates, you must download the developer's version which is the latest. You can see details in https://github.com/powertac/powertac-server/wiki/Getting-started

The data files are downloaded (I think) on the fly from the powertac-server, so I don't think you can do much about them...

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

I can re-deploy this module after a small bit of testing, if you are willing to wait a couple of hours. Then you will not need a dev environment.

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Daniel
Sure - thanks. Actually I don't mind having a server development environment in parallel to having the released version - can having them in parallel create any conflict? (for example w.r.t. data in the local repository)?

Regardless, once the fix is released - could you please let me know?

Thanks again!
Daniel

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Hello Daniel -

Daniel wrote
Sure - thanks. Actually I don't mind having a server development environment in parallel to having the released version - can having them in parallel create any conflict? (for example w.r.t. data in the local repository)?
I am currently in the process of re-deploying the household and officecomplex models, and of course I'll have to redeploy the viz as well since it bundles all the modules together. It will take another half hour, probably.

There should be no problem with keeping a server dev environment in parallel with a release version. I do that all the time. Just keep them in separate directory trees. Note that you will get different results when running inside STS than when running with mvn. STS resolves most dependencies across projects (except for common, if I'm not mistaken), while mvn resolves dependencies from its remote repo, ignoring a local source installation. You can override this by doing "mvn clean install" on a module, which will compile source, run tests, and install the jar in your local repo. But keep in mind that you can get messed up by transitive dependencies if you are not careful. If you modify common or server-interface, you generally have to re-install everything, if you change any module other than visualizer you have to re-install server-main, and if you change any module, you have to re-install visualizer.

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Daniel
Hi John,

Yes - it helps!

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Daniel
Hi John,

I have an additional related question. When trying to import powertac-server as an existing project to STS, and choosing to install eclipse plugins that map to the maven goals, I get a warning about installing unsigned content for 'ajdt' and for sonatype's 'm2e' plugins. Do you have an idea whether it's safe to install these plugins?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Hello, Daniel -
Daniel wrote
I get a warning about installing unsigned content for 'ajdt' and for sonatype's 'm2e' plugins. Do you have an idea whether it's safe to install these plugins?
This is annoying, isn't it? But there seem to be a number of unsigned plugins for Eclipse. I have installed them and not had any problems.

Good luck!

Re: Office Complex energy consumption

Daniel
OK - Thanks!