PASS Workshop 2020 CfP

Dear colleagues - We are planning to hold a virtual Policy, Awareness, Sustainability and Systems (PASS) workshop on 2-3 December to discuss and share our experiences with the 2020 Power TAC competition. If you are interested in attending, please respond directly to Wolf Ketter (ketter@wiso.uni-koeln.de). Wolf will then send you the links to attend via Zoom. The program will include an awards ceremony for the 2020 Power TAC competition, and presentations/discussion from attendees. We hope that each team can share your experiences, especially the strategies your agents used and how well they performed. We plan to allocate 15 minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for discussion for each contributor. We have time for 8 presentations and possibly panel or two on the future of Power TAC. We hope to hear from each team. Please respond by 15 November with attendees (including email addresses), presentation title, and a short abstract. We look forward to hearing from you. Wolf and John

Re: PASS Workshop 2020 CfP

If you are running an agent in this year's competition, or if you have participated in the past or hope to in the future, or if you have ideas on how Power TAC could be improved, we would very much like to hear from you at the 2020 PASS workshop, to be held virtually on 2-3 December 2020. We hope to include a panel discussion on the future direction of Power TAC on the second day, and we invite suggestions for panelists.

We have extended the deadline for brief abstracts (half-page is enough) until 18 November, so please put something together and let us know you will attend. We'll send out a link to the Zoom session shortly before the workshop begins.

We hope to see you in December!

John and Wolf

Re: PASS Workshop 2020 CfP

Fred
Dear Power TAC developers,

I’ve been working on an implementation of the Power TAC Experiment Scheduler (ES) during the past year. The aim of the ES is to provide an easily usable interface for empirical research that automates running sets of games using brokers under development as well as brokers from previous tournaments. More on the topic can be found in the Power TAC GitHub Wiki: https://github.com/powertac/powertac-server/wiki/Experiments.

I would like to use the PASS workshop as an opportunity to showcase the current (early alpha) state of the Experiment Scheduler as well as providing an outlook into future development goals. I would love to get your feedback on the current feature set and hope to get your views on the requirements of this particular addition to the Power TAC platform.

I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Fred