Physical Environment Modeling

chris.flath

Hi all!

David, Alex and I just brainstormed over the communication protocol for the PE model. We came up with two basic requirements:

·         Upon closing of a timeslot the PE needs to publish the realized weather data (i.e. wind and sun intensity) to the customers so that these can determine their generation levels. Similarly the brokers need to be informed.

·         Upon day change the PE needs to publish a weather forecast. We did not further specify this forecast but envision it as some kind of array of “expected” weather data objects

As discussed between John and Carsten, we’d be happy to talk about the PE modeling as well as the general implementation guidelines with the student group at UofM with the goal of handing over this module.

We will be available tomorrow (10th) from 4-6 PM CEST. Please let us know if you can make it.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: Physical Environment Modeling

I've asked our group about their availability; we'll get back to you soon.

John

On 12/09/10 09:34, chris.flath [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> David, Alex and I just brainstormed over the communication protocol for
> the PE model. We came up with two basic requirements:
>
> ·         Upon closing of a timeslot the PE needs to publish the
> realized weather data (i.e. wind and sun intensity) to the customers so
> that these can determine their generation levels. Similarly the brokers
> need to be informed.
>
> ·         Upon day change the PE needs to publish a weather forecast. We
> did not further specify this forecast but envision it as some kind of
> array of “expected” weather data objects
>
> As discussed between John and Carsten, we’d be happy to talk about the
> PE modeling as well as the general implementation guidelines with the
> student group at UofM with the goal of handing over this module.
>

> We will be available tomorrow (10^th ) from 4-6 PM CEST. Please let us
> know if you can make it.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Chris

> <

Re: Physical Environment Modeling

daniel.ross
Hello,

I am one of the students working on the physical environment module at the UofM.  Meeting would be a good idea; as it will allow us to better coordinate our efforts.  I will, for sure, be able to make it to the first hour of the meeting.  I will set up skype and send you my skype id later tonight.

Daniel

Re: Physical Environment Modeling

daniel.ross
Chris, my skype id is dross042.  I will be on at 4 your time.

Daniel