Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

123

Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

Dear Power TAC 2012 Participants,

We are planning to start the qualifying round tomorrow at 12:00 UTC and expect to run until Saturday at 12:00 UTC. Please send us tell us if you intend to participate  so we can avoid scheduling empty slots.  Further,  please use your team name as your login name on the Power TAC server. You can keep all existing logins on the server for training purposes.

Lots of success,

Wolf Ketter, John Collins, and the Power TAC team

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

jurica.babic
Hi all!

Zagreb team will participate in the qualifying round with the CrocodileAgent broker.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
Jurica

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

achryso
Mertacor Agent is going to participate.

Looking forward to the qualifying rounds.

Cheers.

Antonios

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

markus
Erasmus University Rotterdam will send its LARGEpower agent.

Cheers,

Markus

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

oliparson
Hi all,

The Southampton team will be participating in today's qualifying with our broker SotonPower.

Thanks,
Oli

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

Rodrig
Hello,

Aston_TAC broker is happy to start the qualifying round.

Cheers,

Rod

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

YunJungKwon
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

The qualifying round is now posted at tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler. The tournament name is "Power TAC 2012 Qualifying". It is scheduled to start at 12:45 UTC. Please register and configure your brokers, and start them, well before 12:45 UTC. If you are late, the tournament will not accept your registration. That's possibly a mis-feature, but that's how it works.

Best of luck to all of you.

John and Erik

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

oliparson
Hi John and Erik,

We've just registered for the tournament and tried to start one of our broker instances, but received this error on the broker console:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 505 for URL: http://tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp?authToken=4f838639e5969d96f4e1c7c32adeb60b&requestJoin=Power TAC 2012 Qualifying&type=xml
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1441)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerTournamentService.loginMaybe(BrokerTournamentService.java:123)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerTournamentService.login(BrokerTournamentService.java:221)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.PowerTacBroker.run(PowerTacBroker.java:246)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.PowerTacBroker.processCmdLine(PowerTacBroker.java:161)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerMain.main(BrokerMain.java:40)

Could this be due to the tournament name containing spaces? I think it's always been one word before now.

Is anyone else having problems?

Am 31.05.12 13:45, schrieb grampajohn [via Power TAC Developers]:
> The qualifying round is now posted at
> tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler

The webapp seems to be hanging. It only says to wait for it to start.

M.

Am 31.05.12 13:50, schrieb oliparson [via Power TAC Developers]:
> Could this be due to the tournament name containing spaces

I manually URL-encoded the name, i.e., Power%20TAC%202012%20Qualifying.
That seems to be working. At least I'm getting wait 20secs.

Cheers,

Markus

On 05/31/2012 06:50 AM, oliparson [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:

> Hi John and Erik,
>
> We've just registered for the tournament and tried to start one of our
> broker instances, but received this error on the broker console:
>
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 505 for URL:
> http://tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp?authToken=4f838639e5969d96f4e1c7c32adeb60b&requestJoin=Power
> <http://tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp?authToken=4f838639e5969d96f4e1c7c32adeb60b&requestJoin=Power>
> TAC 2012 Qualifying&type=xml
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1441)
>
> at
> org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerTournamentService.loginMaybe(BrokerTournamentService.java:123)
>
> at
> org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerTournamentService.login(BrokerTournamentService.java:221)
>
> at
> org.powertac.samplebroker.core.PowerTacBroker.run(PowerTacBroker.java:246)
> at
> org.powertac.samplebroker.core.PowerTacBroker.processCmdLine(PowerTacBroker.java:161)
>
> at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerMain.main(BrokerMain.java:40)
>
> Could this be due to the tournament name containing spaces? I think it's
> always been one word before now.

Good point. Probably it will work if you replace the blanks with %20. If
that does not work, let me know ASAP and we will re-post.

Sorry for the confusion -

On 05/31/2012 06:53 AM, markus [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
> Am 31.05.12 13:45, schrieb grampajohn [via Power TAC Developers]:
>  > The qualifying round is now posted at
>  > tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler
>
> The webapp seems to be hanging. It only says to wait for it to start.

The index page is very slow (over a minute) to render with 144 games
posted. Please be patient.

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

oliparson
Thanks John and Markus,

I can confirm that using Power%20TAC%202012%20Qualifying as the tournament name is working.

Oli

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

LEE SEHOON
Hello, John and Erik.

I had a same problem, but adding %20 is working and now I receive Connecting to TS... message.

Thanks John.

I have another question.

Do I need two brokers with same name and same Token ?

And I have to run both of two brokers for this qualifying round?

thanks.

Sehoon

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

jurica.babic
I get "Conecting to TS", a message that lasts for approx 20secs and then I get the following stack trace in my console:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:69)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:157)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:388)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:483)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:213)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:300)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:316)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:992)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:928)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:846)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1296)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerTournamentService.loginMaybe(BrokerTournamentService.java:123)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerTournamentService.login(BrokerTournamentService.java:221)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.PowerTacBroker.run(PowerTacBroker.java:248)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.PowerTacBroker.processCmdLine(PowerTacBroker.java:163)
        at org.powertac.samplebroker.core.BrokerMain.main(BrokerMain.java:88)

------------------------

Here are parameters we use for running our broker:
samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.tourneyName = Power%20TAC%202012%20Qualifying
samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.tourneyUrl = http://tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp

Is this normal?
Please help.

Thanks.

Jurica

On 05/31/2012 07:06 AM, LEE SEHOON [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:

> Hello, John and Erik.
>
> I had a same problem, but adding %20 is working and now I receive
> Connecting to TS... message.
>
> Thanks John.
>
> I have another question.
>
> Do I need two brokers with same name and same Token ?

Yes. The scheduler assumes this, and will schedule up to two games in
parallel for the same broker.

> And I have to run both of two brokers for this qualifying round?

Yes.

On 05/31/2012 07:12 AM, jurica.babic [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:

> I get "Conecting to TS", a message that lasts for approx 20secs and then
> I get the following stack trace i my console:
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
> at
>
> ------------------------
>
> Here are parameters we use for running our broker:
> samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.tourneyName =
> Power%20TAC%202012%20Qualifying
> samplebroker.core.powerTacBroker.tourneyUrl =
> http://tac01.cs.umn.edu:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp

This does not sound normal.

> Is this normal?
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jurica

> <
> NAML
> <
http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

onarheim
Yes your two brokers need the same authToken you registered with.

Re: Power TAC 2012 -- Qualification Rounds

Rodrig
hi,

Is It possible to login before ?

I am still receiving Connecting to TS... message

Aston_TAC Team
123