Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

Dear Colleagues,

As you may know, TAC 2015, and in our case, Power TAC 2015, will be held in conjunction with AAMAS 2015 in Istanbul.

In the past we had quite some debate on running the tournament prior to the TADA workshop, because each time there were problems with the internet connection at the conference and with distraction during the workshop. Therefore, we would like to propose that we run the tournament before the workshop. We think this might offer several advantages:

- Improved focus on workshop discussion,

- Final rounds could be long enough to get statistically valid results,

- Opportunity to discuss broker strategies knowing the detailed tournament results,

- Better ability to monitor agent performance during the tournament,

- Award ceremony could be held during workshop,

- Last-minute posters could be composed with known results.

We think this would improve both the tournament and the workshop!

Please let us know your ideas and concerns. Should we proceed with this proposal?

Thanks much and best wishes,

Wolf and John

Re: Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

jurica.babic
Hi Wolf,

We (CrocodileAgent team) completely agree with your proposal.

There is not much to lose if we run the finals before the TADA workshop, only the live demo for the AAMAS audience. In this case we can all agree to run a dummy game with competing agents from the finals.

Best wishes,
CrocodileAgent team

RE: Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

Hi Jurica,

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, it’s the plan to run live demos with the same agents as in the competition, i.e. have a booth in the exhibition hall.

Hi all other teams,

We would very much like to hear your feedback as well before Christmas, preferably by this weekend. We think this is a great opportunity for TAC to have more impact. Mariano, also thinks now to do this for the AdX game.

Thoughts?

We (CrocodileAgent team) completely agree with your proposal.

There is not much to lose if we run the finals before the TADA workshop, only the live demo for the AAMAS audience. In this case we can all agree to run a dummy game with competing agents from the finals.

Best wishes,
CrocodileAgent team

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Power-TAC-2015-Tournament-Organization-tp4025858p4025859.html

RE: Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

Tobias Urban
Hi Wolf,

We (Team Maxon) also think that your proposal is a good idea.

Best Regards,
Team Maxon

Re: Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

asymeon
Hi Wolf,

The Mertacor team seconds your proposal.
All the best for Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

On 17/12/2014 8:21 μμ, Wolf [via Power TAC Developers] wrote:
[...]

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Power-TAC-2015-Tournament-Organization-tp4025858.html

Dr. Eng. Andreas L. Symeonidis
Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Tel. +30 2310 99 4344
Fax. +30 2310 99 6398
E-mail. [hidden email]

Re: Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

Daniel
Hi Wolf,

TacTex agrees - it sounds like a good idea.

Best and happy holidays,
Daniel

Re: Power TAC 2015 Tournament Organization

serkan
Sorry for late reply.

We agree with the proposed plan as AgentUDE team.

Regards.