Power TAC 2016 -- Tournament Schedule

Dear Colleagues,

I hope you all had a good start into the new year! We have again an exciting year ahead with research around our Power TAC environment. We have just created a schedule for Power TAC 2016:

* The tournament will start on  17 May, 2016 (additional tournament registration: http://goo.gl/Zlnq7e)

* Qualification round:  17 - 25 May, 2016 (test basic functionality)

* Seeding round: 1 – 15 June, 2016 (Game size will depend on the number of brokers)

* Finals: 22 June – 6 July, 2016 (Game sizes will be 3, 5, and 8 brokers, and at most 10 brokers)

Please remember, you'll find the 2016 game specification at:

Looking forward to a great tournament again!

Best,

Re: Power TAC 2016 -- Tournament Schedule

gbuijs
Hi All,

We will start a trial tournament on February 8th.
Registration is possible here.

Best,

Govert

Re: Power TAC 2016 -- Tournament Schedule

gbuijs
Hi All,

We're running another trial tournament from februari 29th.
You can register here : http://wolf31.ict.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/tournament.xhtml?tournamentId=4

Please register so everybody has the opportunity to test their broker.

Cheers,

Govert

Re: Power TAC 2016 -- Tournament will use server 1.3.1

If you are preparing for the 2016 tournament, please keep in mind that we will be using version 1.3.1 of the server. A stable development snapshot is available now. If you are using this version, it will automatically update as we deploy changes toward the release. I do not anticipate more than one or two more deployments, and I will announce them when they are ready, so you should not worry that this will disrupt your work.

We expect to make a release before the end of April. We are working on two models that may be ready in time: a large-population electric vehicle model, and a sizeable wholesale wind-park.

The EV population model would add considerable regulation capacity; because it may not be ready in time, I plan to deploy a configuration update in the next week that will expand the cold-storage and electric lift-truck models to give brokers additional regulation capacity.

As you work on your brokers, you should be using broker-core 1.3.1 (you can just update the dependency in your pom.xml to 1.3.1-SNAPSHOT), and you will want to receive and process the new capacity transaction. The new sample-broker does this.

As always, please let us know if you have questions or concerns. We would like to see a robust competition this year.

Re: Power TAC 2016 -- Tournament Schedule

Dear all,

The tournament registration link as changed. Please use:

http://wolf31.ict.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/tournament.xhtml?tournamentId=1

We are looking forward to a great tournament! Please sign up early and let us know, if you want to run additional trial tournaments! We would be happy to offer this!

Thanks much,

Re: Power TAC 2016 -- Tournament Schedule

mansarin
Dear all,

The tournament scheduler website has been updated with a new static subdomain. This link will not change if the scheduler is moved to a different host. For the 2016 games, You may use the link below:

http://ts.powertac.org:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/tournament.xhtml?tournamentId=1

Cheers,
Mohammad Ansarin