Power TAC 2017 -- Results

Dear all,

I would like to take a moment to say thanks to all of you who participated in this year's tournament! It turned out to be a great one again. Without all of your dedication and input, this wouldn't have been possible! Every year we push the envelope in sustainable energy further and this is really wonderful to see!

I heartily congratulate AgentUDE from the University of Duisburg-Essen for winning! It's quite remarkable, since it's already their second win after 2014. Also, congratulations to fimtac from the University of Augsburg and SPOT from UTEP/NMSU for winning the second and third place respectively! fimtac won the second place in their first tournament, which is quite an achievement! This shows that as a new team you can reach a good final standing with innovative strategies without too much experience. This is excellent news for all the teams who are debating, if they should participate in the future. Please do, we have a really great world-wide community by now. This is quite remarkable! You can find the final ranking at:

http://ts.powertac.org:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/round.xhtml?roundId=4

We had an award ceremony during the Erasmus Energy Forum. Unfortunately only AgentUDE was able to make it. fimtac and SPOT, please send me your correct address and we'll send you your award.

Please don't forget to upload your agent binaries to the agent repository, since this is an integral part of the whole Power TAC experience.

We may run a demo tournament early December this year, so that some of you could use Power TAC for class projects this fall and use this as a basis for forming a team and do some additional experimentation and testing.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank John, Govert, and Erik very much for their hard work! Without them, we wouldn't be able to run Power TAC at all! Great job guys!

Thanks much and we are looking forward to Power TAC 2018!

Re: Power TAC 2017 -- Results

serkan
Thank you Wolf for your words. It was a nice competition this year and I believe all teams did great jobs.

I have just uploaded the broker binary to the repository to be used in your research. Older versions can be found here. Have fun!

AgentUDE Team

Re: Power TAC 2017 -- Results

SPOT
Dear Wofl,

I have sent you our contact address in your gmail. Please let me know if you need anything else. I have also just uploaded our broker binary to the repository. Here is the link to SPOT17. http://www.powertac.org/wiki/index.php/SPOT17

Thanks and best regards,
SPOT Team

Re: Power TAC 2017 -- Results

Dear AgentUDE, SPOT, and all other teams,

Thanks for uploading your agents! That really helps the community a lot!

For all who haven’t uploaded their agent yet, I urging you to please upload your agent as well, since this is what the community in the end is about, i.e. about sharing, helping each other, and running experiments.

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Power-TAC-2017-Results-tp4026699p4026703.html