Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Dear all,

As you just have seen we have released version 1.5.0 which at the same time is the version for the 2018 tournament. I invite you all to participate in the tournament and look forward to a great competition!

The schedule is as follows:

Trial 1: May 14 - 25 2018
Trial 2: June 4 - 15 2018
Qualifying: June 25 - July 6 2018
Finals: 16 July - 27 July 2018

You can directly register under the link below for all events, but the finals. These are by invitation only, i.e. we'll need to make sure, that you have a functioning broker.

http://powertac.org/powertac-2018

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us (best via nabble).

We wish you all the best for the upcoming tournament!

Wolf on behalf of the whole organization team!

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

bunnieNTU
Dear Sir,

I tried to register for the trial rounds but when I clicked the "register" button, the website doesn't respond. I am wondering whether I have missed the registration deadline. Could I still register for the competition?

I am looking forward to your reply! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Xiaoxuan

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

gbuijs
Hi Xiaoxuan,

You're more than welcome to register, the registration is still open.

The site is working for me, on 2 separate locations.
Could you try again and let me know if it is still not working?

Kind regards,

Govert

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

bunnieNTU
Dear Sir,

I successfully registered this time. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Xiaoxuan

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Ansel
Hi Wolf,

In the "Power TAC 2018 game specification" the Tournament structure has 5 rounds (Qualification Round, Seeding Round, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final) but in the http://www.powertac.org/powertac-2018 page  there is (excluding the trials) only two Rounds: Qualifying and Final.

My questions:

Will be the qualification and seeding rounds, parts of the Qualifying (June 25 - July 6 2018) ?

Will be the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final , parts of the Finals (16 July - 27 July 2018) ?

I am trying to undestand the schedule.

Thanks in advance

Ansel.

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

j.e.collins
Hello, Ansel -
Ansel wrote
In the "Power TAC 2018 game specification" the Tournament structure has 5 rounds (Qualification Round, Seeding Round, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final) but in the http://www.powertac.org/powertac-2018 page  there is (excluding the trials) only two Rounds: Qualifying and Final.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So far, we have not had a need to run seeding, quarter-finals, or semi-finals. We might have to do some of that if the number of teams gets quite a bit higher, perhaps over 15. So unless we get a large number of last-minute registrations, we'll just hold a qualifying round and a final round this year. No seeding, quarter, or semi finals. I've made a note to clarify the spec in this area.

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Ansel
Hi John,

What will be the sizes of de games in the final round? 3, 5 and All like the last 2 years tournament?

Ansel

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Ansel
Hi Wolf,

How we can register on final ? When will the teams receive the invitation?

Ansel
COLDTeam

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Hi Ansel,

Govert will setup the finals and send you all a message.

Von: "Ansel [via Power TAC Developers]" <ml+[hidden email]>
Datum: Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 um 05:15
An: Wolf Ketter <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Hi Wolf,

How we can register on final ? When will the teams receive the invitation?

Ansel
COLDTeam

http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/Power-TAC-2018-Tournament-Registration-tp4026800p4026854.html

To start a new topic under Power TAC Developers, email ml+[hidden email]

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Ansel
Hi Wolf,

At what time will the games of the final begin on Monday? I'm worried because they usually start at 4:00 AM Mexico time. And we have not received the invitation yet? We would not like to miss the first games due to our instances start running later.

Thanks in advance

Ansel
COLDTEAM

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Ansel wrote
At what time will the games of the final begin on Monday? I'm worried because they usually start at 4:00 AM Mexico time. And we have not received the invitation yet? We would not like to miss the first games due to our instances start running later.
I can see the schedule, but I cannot see which brokers are on the schedule. According to the schedule I can see, it starts on 16 July at 9:00 UTC. That would indeed be 4:00 in my time zone. Perhaps Govert can confirm?

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

Porag
Hi Govert,

I am not able to register for the competition. Can you please tell me how can I do that?

Thanks
SPOT

Re: Power TAC 2018 Tournament - Registration

gbuijs
Hi All,

I've manually registered all the brokers from the Qualifying.
We'll start the tournament on monday July 16th, 09:00 UTC.

As usual, urgent questions are answered fastest on our IRC channel : freenode #powertac

Good luck!

Cheers,

Govert