Power TAC pilot run, Feb 6-10

Dear all,

This is just a reminder that we have our first trial starting tomorrow, i.e. Feb 6, and running until Feb 10. Please participate, so that everyone can test their brokers, and collect data.

Registration:
http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/tournament.xhtml?tournamentId=1

Thanks much,

Second 2014 Power TAC pilot run, March 25-28

The 2014 competition is coming up quickly, and we are hard at work getting ready. We have two new customer models we would like to use this year because they show important concepts, and neither of them is quite ready. They are close, so we would like to push the next trial back from next week (21 March) to the following week (25 March) to make sure they work and that you all have time to see them and try them out before the competition. The new models are an Electric Vehicle model and a cold-storage warehouse model, both of which are energy-storage devices that can subscribe to tariffs with regulation-rates. See the 2014 spec (still in draft form, but should be complete) for details on how this will work.

On the wholesale side, the spec also calls out a wind-park genco model and a revised genco that exhibits congestion-pricing characteristics. It's possible that neither of these will be ready; if they are not, we will make some minor changes to the existing genco model to produce a more realistic price curve and somewhat less-predictable prices.

As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions.

John and Wolf