PowerTac 2015 Trials

russell
Good afternoon,

I am curious how to get connecting to the Trial runs. I'm having timeouts. According to our account, we are registered for "2015_Qualifying" and perhaps this is not correct. I am unclear how to get ready for the right things.

Re: PowerTac 2015 Trials

Porag
Hi

I am with Russell. We also want to know that how we will be knowing when to connect with the tournament server? Do we need to check this page http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/index.xhtml time to time to see if there is a new game and start our broker at that time? or just run our broker with a high --repeat-count?

Thanks
Porag

Re: PowerTac 2015 Trials

The qualifying tournament for the finals start at april 8th, 10:00 UTC.
If you connect to the TS using this name, it will tell you there aren't any games ready for your broker.

Currently we're running the second trial for the 2015 finals.
As the tournament is already started, you can't register anymore.
If you still want to participate, send me an email.
If have registered extra accounts.

Cheers,

Govert

Re: PowerTac 2015 Trials

Porag
Thanks for the reply Govert. 3 quick questions,
(1)what is the gap between each trail simulation? I tried to participate with sample7 username and my broker connected successfully but had some problem at the first timeslot and I was out from the simulation. Normal simulation takes 2 hours. Can you specifically tell me how many hours do I need to wait for the next trail?
(2)Another question is, it is said that we need to run 2 broker copies. Are you asking us to run 2 copies with same tournament configuration?
(3)I am using tourneyUrl = http://wolf-08.fbk.eur.nl:8080/TournamentScheduler/faces/brokerLogin.jsp is that right? I am asking this because I saw that the visualizer had this in the url "http://wolf-04.fbk.eur.nl:8080/" which is different than tourneyUrl.

Thanks in advance
Porag

Re: PowerTac 2015 Trials

gbuijs
Hi Porag,

1) You are correct that the simulations are aprox. 2 hours.
    We'll start the next game immediately after that, save for a couple of minutes of restarting etc.
    (the next game is about to start now)

2) Yes, during the official tournament you need to run 2 identical agents (with the same properties file).
    That way we can shorten the length of a tournament considerably (or squeeze more games in the same timspan).

3) That's indeed the right tourneyUrl. The other url is where sims and visualizers are running.
    The TS will automatically send your agent to the right url when a game starts.

Cheers,

Govert