Problems with unmarshalling messages

nhartlie
Dear all,

I have a little problem with "unmarshaling" some messages sent by jms. To be more specific it's always the messages, which have an attribute, that uses some kind of converter. For example, when I try to access the timeslot - attribute of an weatherReport i got the following error message in my log.

2011-12-28 09:49:15,741 ERROR o.p.h.s.JMSMessageListenerDecorator - The original message leading up to the exception readsActiveMQTextMessage {commandId = 365, responseRequired = true, messageId = ID:Niko-PC-49641-1325061624204-2:1:73:1:1, originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = ID:Niko-PC-49641-1325061624204-2:1:73:1, destination = queue://brokers.franz.outputQueue, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp = 1325062155739, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1325062155739, brokerOutTime = 1325062155739, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, userID = null, content = null, marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable = false, text = <weather-report id="9330" currentTimeslot="24...over="0.0"/>},java.lang.NullPointerException

Do I have to specifiy the converter that has to be used for unmarshalling explicilty or should it work without doing so.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

nikolaus

Re: Problems with unmarshalling messages

nhartlie wrote
I have a little problem with "unmarshaling" some messages sent by jms. ... Do I have to specifiy the converter that has to be used for unmarshalling explicilty or should it work without doing so.
It should be automatic as long as you are using the XMLMessageConverter and have the correct version of the common module available. In the server, this happens in ServerMessageReceiver. If you are using the bleeding-edge server, you need to pull down the latest version of common (the master branch) and do mvn install on it.